Human Capital Development
The Human Capital Development Department has successfully initiated the following programs to support the training, skills development, transformation and diversification of the local film industry.
- Kwa Zulu Natal Film Commission Bursary Programme currently supports students who attend various tertiary institutions to study film. These institutions include AFDA, Durban University of Technology, Creative Arts College, UKZN -Centre for Fine Art and the Centre of Fine Arts, Animation and Design.
- SEDIBA Spark Narrative and Documentary script writer program
- The International Finance Program for Producers
- The Mandela’s Children Project is a partnership with The National Film and Video Foundation is a skills development project that nurtures women and youth through an incubation process. This program provides a platform for young woman filmmakers into the industry. The first feature film from the series of films produced in 2014 won The Durban International Film Festival Production Merit Award 2015.
- SMME Incubation program is an accelerator program to support new and emerging film production houses to become sustainable and profitable companies.
- A production technical programme is currently run in conjunction with NEMISA and Durban University of Technology.
- A mentorship program.